Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to all who tune in here. I hope this new year is a fabulous one for everyone.

Anyway, today is New Year's Eve. As is usual in New England the weather decided to be somewhat contrary. We received about 10" of the nice white fluffy stuff. The driving from Boston wasn't too bad since most folks took the day off. Once I cleared northern Worcester County it was clear sailing all the way. Of course, I arrived at the Rolling J Farm, dumped my stuff and since it was late in the day I went off with the cameras to see if sunset would try to match Sunday's show. It wasn't quite as spectacular, but was pretty nice. My feet were really cold by the time I got back to the truck and headed home. Here's an HDR image from an overlook of the Deerfield River in the misnamed Florida, MA.

Happy New Year!
Lizz

1 comment:

The Cunning Runt said...

Beautiful! I always slow down for that view, though stopping on that curve is a bit dicey.

NYE was lots of fun - it's so nice to have neighbors I love! :)

Sorry to be so late in getting here, I've been in Molasses Mode, blog-wise (all of my Blogfreunds think I'm dead!)