Monday, February 18, 2008

Practicing My Scales, Grayscales That Is!

The sun has been absent quite a bit lately. A week ago I was out running errands and I brought along my N80 with the 20mm lens and ISO 100 (Kodak 100VS) color film so I could hand hold the camera. The sun was really just a pale, brighter spot in the otherwise gray overcast. All along the routes I drove, there were just beautiful winter scenes in shades of gray. All the trees were still draped in shrouds of white from the previous storm. The images looked almost like I was shooting black and white except for some hints of color here and there.

Here are some of the images from the day.






Here are a couple leftovers from the fall.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have some extraordinary photos on your site. Just wanted to ask, have you ever been to Tent Rocks in New Mexico? It's a great monument to check out--nice scenic views from the summit, canyons, a couple of trails. It's a cakewalk compared to some of the places you've been, but the rocks are pretty amazing.

The Cunning Runt said...

Gurrrl, that barn shot is gorgeous (and I'm honored to be able to say, even more so in person - it just has so much character!

But the one I'm most in awe of is the swirling water shot at the bottom. The detail in the moss on the back rock wall is stunning!

I'm gonna spring for that 40D as soon as I can swing it. I gotta get beyond f8!!!